School of Distance Education
ONLINE EDUCATIONAL UNIT
Education through Distance Learning has been a part of the World educational system for more than 200 years. During that time, Distance Learning courses have worked well for millions of graduates. Many successful graduates have found Distance Learning to be their best option for learning.
"Building The People That Make The Ministry"
You can now learn wherever, whenever, however best suits you - it's your choice!
Distance Learning lets you set your own pace. You are encouraged to spend as much time as you need to fully understand any complex material. If you progress a quickly through a course, you do not have to wait for the slowest class members to catch up. You set your own pace; others don't impose their pace upon you.
Whenever a subject fascinates you, you may spend extra time on it. You are not rushed through because the class must move on at a different pace.
GREETINGS FROM THE PRESIDENT
We are thrilled to offer a variety of options for you to grow in your understanding of the Word of God and in the area of your calling into the ministry. We have developed our courses in Theology, Ministry, Christian Education and Biblical Studies for you to be able to achieve your "Desire, Dream & Destiny" in ministerial education.
It is the purpose of MAWEBCO / KHCU to provide continued education programs to students who are unable to attend full-time classes on our different campuses. This can be accomplished through our external studies program. We believe that we offer the finest Christian education available in a streamlined fashion.
We have purposely abbreviated our requirements for graduate and post-graduate degrees in an effort to hold the tuition to a minimum and allow the busy minister ample time to complete his or her desired field of study. Our experienced staff and faculty have labored untiringly over textbooks and materials, separating arduous minor information from major academic information. We believe that upon review of the various programs, students will see we have streamlined the supporting areas of study by offering the same necessary information in condensed version for less reading and research of materials. IT IS OUR POSITION THAT THE SAME INFORMATION CAN BE OBTAINED AND RETAINED BY READING ONE BOOK RATHER THAN MANY, provided it is the right book.
We invite you to join us in academically stimulating work that will enrich your life and contribute to a strong biblical foundation for a lifetime education and ministry.
This is an opportunity you have been looking for, make haste and grab it.
Dr. Joseph I. James
D.D., D. Miss., D.Min.
President MAWEBCO / KHCU
EARN YOUR DEGREE AT HOME BY COMPLETING THE FULL PROGRAM
Now you can earn a Certificate, Diploma (Associate Degree), or other degrees without leaving your church, job, or home. The School of Distance Education offers program courses from certificate to Doctorate in Theology, Ministry, Missions, Christian Education and Divinity. This program allows you the possibility to pursue full level academic standards.
The program is designed for all christians and leaders irrespective of their position, who need training as a christian worker or leader.
- Need a certificate, Diploma (Associate degree) or other degree programs that fit your schedule and situation?
- Want the initial component of any degree?
The courses that make up the program have been selected to give you an overview of the entire Bible along with the skills necessary to properly study the scriptures. You will also gain a view of theology and other courses.
"Study to show yourself approved"
- 2 Tim. 2:15
- The School of Distance Education exists at MAWEBCO / KHCU to serve you, the dedicated Bible student, minister or christian worker, separated from the college campus by distance or opportunity.
- To support the advancement of the Kingdom of God through education and training.
- To reduce cost and time so you can achieve your God given calling and goal in life.
- To bring the school into your house or office through the ONLINE means of study.
- To provide Biblical and theological courses that are academically sound and challenging.
- To encourage you to develop leadership skills as you prepare for various types of Christian Ministry.
- To understand and teach Bible so that you become competent in opening the scriptures to the hearts and minds.
- To impart fresh anointing for the next generation.
- To educate and eradicate the ignorance that only those called on full time can be trained in Biblical and theological studies.
- To learn wherever, whenever and however best suits you - making it your choice.
This is accomplished by offering Bible based courses with academic advising, quality service and affordable tuition.
Study at your convenience with independent study courses.
Courses are available from Certificate to Doctorate Degree for independent study. To get started, all you need to do is fill out the application form and return to us with all the necessary admission requirements. All courses are completely transfered to the resident program at MAWEBCO / KHCU.
BEGIN AT ANY TIME
- Receive the course materials in printed form.
- Study at your own pace.
- Earn college level credit.
When a course is ordered, you will receive all the materials necessary to complete it. A series of study guides will prepare you for the examinations that come once every trimester at your office or home. In-depth study and integration of learning within your church or community is accomplished through individual study assignment and action project.
CURRICULUM AND REFERENCE MATERIALS
MAWEBCO / KHCU seeks to offer the highest quality curriculum and reference materials. Resources are subject to change, at the discretion of the Executive Board of Directors, and not all subjects are offered every year.
STUDENTS NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY
MAWEBCO / KHCU admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin with all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to earlier students of MAWEBCO / KHCU. MAWEBCO / KHCU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its policies, loan programs, or other school administered programs.
STATEMENT OF STANDARDS
All students are required to give a testimony of having accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. Each student is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will, at no time, bring reproach upon our Savior or upon the school.
All students must be a working part of a local church. Time spent in participation within the local church will be logged and turned into the MAWEBCO / KHCU. These hours are figured into the student's semester credit hours as personal ministry. God's word demands that we be doers of the Word and not hearers (or students) only.
APPLICATION FEE AND TUITION
A non-refundable application fee of $25.00 for Associate Degree and $35.00 for Bachelors to Doctorate degrees must accompany all applications. Get an application form for SDE at MAWEBCO / KHCU office or website. Upon approval of application, one-third of tuition, plus cost of textbooks or materials, is due at REGISTRATION. Please note that NO textbooks will be released without pre-payment. Remaining balance of tuition and other applicable fees MUST be paid in full before the graduation each year. A 10% discount will be applied for all full prepayment tuitions. Any transferred or life-earned credits will be assessed at $3.00 per credit hour. Those from other schools desiring degrees, the official transcript from your previous schools will be required, just send them to the office address closer to you or scan it and send. We trust your integrity and honesty.
- Associate - Biblical Studies - First Year $980.00 / Theology / Missions / - plus $25.00 application fee (Handouts / Materials Fees / Graduation Fees... listed separately)
Prerequisite - High School Diploma/GED ; Born-again experience and active in church attendance.
Graduation Requirement - A term paper of about 500 words.
- Bachelors - Biblical Studies - Second Year - $1,080.00 / Theology $1,280.00 / Missions $1,280.00 / - plus $35.00 application fee (Handouts / Materials Fees / Graduation Fees... listed separately)
Prerequisite - Associate in any of the courses plus Christian Leadership experience and active in church attendance.
Graduation Requirement - A dissertation of about 2000 words.
- Graduate - Biblical Studies - Second Year - $1,280.00 / Theology $1,380.00 / Missions $1,380.00 / Christian Education $1,380.00 - plus $35.00 application fee (Handouts / Materials Fees / Graduation Fees... listed separately)
Prerequisite - Higher diploma in any of the Christian training courses.
Graduation Requirement - A dissertation of about 3000 words.
- Masters - Biblical Studies - $1,370.00 / Theology $3,370.00 / Missions $3,370.00 / Christian Education $3,370.00 - plus $35.00 application fee (Handouts / Materials Fees / Graduation Fees... listed separately)
Prerequisite - Bachelor in any of the courses. Leading a particular group in the church.
Graduation Requirement - A dissertation of about 5000 words.
- Doctor - Biblical Studies - $3,750.00 / Theology $4,450.00 / Missions $4,450.00 / Christian Education $4,450.00 - plus $35.00 application fee (Handouts / Materials Fees / Graduation Fees... listed separately)
Prerequisite - Master in any of the courses. Leading a particular group in the church.
Graduation Requirement - A dissertation of about 5500 words.
We will negotiate a price reduction for students that want to study a long way with us.
- Applications must provide at least one reference letter to prove their seriousness.
- Passport photograph for the office.
- Partial payment must be made before delivery of the first course package.
- Tuition information will be released as you call your area office or director.
A deeper understanding and insight of the Word is needed for the Gospel today and the skills to proclaim it must be acquired.
AN EDUCATION ON YOUR TERMS
As a School of Distance Education student, you can earn a degree that fits your commitments, your values, and your demand for a quality education.
- Because you can take all your courses online - from anywhere in the world - you can match your class schedule to your life schedule.
- School of Distance Education is an established institution with a distinctly Outreach mission - we're dedicated to your faith.
If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact the School of Distance Education and request the application package.
MAWEBCO / KHCU recognizes life-earning experience and will issue credit for such experience. However, such credit must be determined by MAWEBCO / KHCU Administration / Department Head at the candidate's evaluation process.
MAWEBCO / KHCU reserves the right to allow, or not to allow, credits earned at other institutions for similar courses taken at the institution. If credit is awarded, the candidate will be assessed $3.00 per credit hour. These hours may not exceed 60% of the required hours for graduation from MAWEBCO / KHCU.
Cost of Transcripts: $25.00 Transcripts may be requested by contacting MAWEBCO / KHCU Administration Offices. Upon request and receipt of payment, each transcript will be mailed directly to the requesting institution. Only one transcript per student may be requested for his/her own personal use.
A = 3.6 to 4.0 (Excellent)
B = 3.2 to 3.59 (Superior)
C = 2.18 to 3.19 (Average)
Note: Below "C" is unacceptable for college level work and receives an incomplete.
Diploma (Associate Degree) USD25
Bachelors - Doctorate Degree USD35
For more information contact:
MAWEBCO / KHCU AFRICA
BP: 12576 Douala, Cameroon
Cell: (237) 7795-48-88 / 99 90 52 78
Home: (237) 3341-10-10
MAWEBCO / KHCU USA
No. 803 West Wolf
Elkhart, Indiana, 46516
Phone: (574) 522-5511